birding-aus

4 January in Turramurra

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: 4 January in Turramurra
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:48:38 +1100
2 observations from my house in Turramurra (N suburbs of Sydney) today:
1/    From abut 3:30 onwards, a large flock (100+) of White Throated Needletails over the house, with birds ranging from treetop height to so high I could only just see them with the naked eye;
2/    At 6pm this evening, an immature Wedge Tailed Eagle crossed over, coming up from the East South East (St Ives/Pymble) and then drifting back that way.  Being given a lot of aggro by the local ravens.  Wild bird or escapee - I am only about 5kms from the southern boundaries of Ku-Ring-Gai National Park.

Cheers
Tom Wilson