birding-aus

December 2003 Archive is Blank

To: "Frank O'Connor" <>
Subject: December 2003 Archive is Blank
From: (Andrew Taylor)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:56:02 +1100
On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:48:12PM +0800, Frank O'Connor wrote:
> The birding-aus archive for December 2003 is blank.  It was OK a couple of
> days ago.  Hopefully Andrew can fix it soon.

I'm on holiday on the NSW south coast and checking e-mail eratically. The
problem was a full disk which I could fortunately fix remotely and I think
the archive should be OK now.

I've been doing a lot of running trying to get back into shape
post-christmas which can get you closer views of birds than walking.
A glorious view of Glossy Black-cockatoos from a few metres and numerous
close encouters with Yellow-tailed BCs - breathtakingly magnificent birds.
And on long beach runs I've several times had WB Sea-eagles drift past
in the last light of the day.  With kilometres of empty beach ahead
and nothing but the sound of the surf its a splendid experience.

Andrew