birding-aus

Black-headed Gull

Subject: Black-headed Gull
From: "Niven" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:10:40 +0930
Hi all
Sean Dooley and I found a Black-headed Gull at the wharf in Darwin Harbour this
evening. There has been some pretty windy weather in the last few days, though
no
sign that anything else has been 'blown in'. The gull seems to be an adult in
winter
plumage, unlike the 3 previous Black-headed Gulls in Darwin, which were all
first
winter birds.
We visited the Leanyer sewage ponds earlier today but saw neither Northern
Pintail
nor White Wagtail. We saw both species there on Christmas Day, and it's
possible
they could still be around.
I'm going to be in Sydney during the first half of Jan, so if anyone can pin
down the
Franklin's I'll do you a swap  ; O)

Happy Birding,
Niven