birding-aus

Re: New edition of "Pizzey and Knight"

To: "Robert Inglis" <>
Subject: Re: New edition of "Pizzey and Knight"
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:21:05 +1100
Hi Bob -

At 04:18 PM 23/12/03, you wrote:
And, David McDonald, I don't think this is the seventh edition. You may be thinking of the Simpson
and Day field guide.

Actually it IS being marketed as the Seventh Edition, though I think this is very misleading. The First Edition is given as being published in 1980 (Pizzey & Doyle) which I think of as a completely different book. The Third Edition is given as 1997, the first issue of Pizzey & Knight, which to me is the First Edition. I think the new Pizzey, Knight & Menkhorst should be the real Second Edition, but they have counted several reprints (maybe with minor corrections and updates) as full editions.

Cheers,
Hugo