birding-aus

Common Koel in SE Melbourne

To: Birdline Victoria <>
Subject: Common Koel in SE Melbourne
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:56:37 +1100
Manfred Ruff identified a Koel from its call early this
morning around Second Street, Black Rock.

At around 0830 I may have glimpsed a male flying from the
Morton Bay Figs at Black Rock House.

PLEASE let me know urgently if you find it !

Christmas blessings to all who want them

Michael Norris
9598 3092
Hampton, Victoria  38° 56' S  145° 1' E

PS Apologies to the person who told me last week about an
unusual bird call - perhaps it was a Koel !
PPS Common Sandpiper in its usual haunts at the base of the
Beaumaris cliffs on Sunday.
PPPS Please let me know if you borrowed the FONW bat
detector