birding-aus

Somers Waste Water Treatment Site

To: <>
Subject: Somers Waste Water Treatment Site
From: "iandowling" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:59:55 +1100
Hi All
Mornington Peninsula Bird Observers today (10/12/03) visited the Somers Waste Water Ponds (Postcode 3927) - access is resticted. Weather warm and windy. Forty two species recorded with highlights being all the ducks you would expect to find in our area - Blue-billed Duck, Musk Duck, Aust. Shelduck, Aust.Wood Duck, Pacific Black Duck, Aust. Shoveller, Grey Teal, Chestnut Teal, Pink-eared Duck and Hardhead. Only Freckled Duck missing and you don't expect this species too often.  Others included Great-crested Grebe, fairly unusual.  Our total for the site is 62 species.
Ian D