birding-aus

Bird Photography

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bird Photography
From: "Bill Sleight" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:04:23 +1000
Hi Birdos -
I am planning to set myself up with equipment to photograph birds - am wondering if I could glean some advice from those who have had experience with such gear.  I am looking at options;
    (a)    Digiscope Binos
    (b)    Telescope with attachment for a digital camera
    (c)    Digital camera with tele lens
Any input would be really appreciated.  I understand there was a fairly exhaustive discussion on this topic earlier this year while I was out of the country.  I am a pensioner living in Sydney with limited funds so I need to make a good decision on this.  Could anyone please offer some ideas?

Johnny come lately   Bill Sleight