birding-aus

Bird Quilts

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Bird Quilts
From: "Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:28:35 +1100
Just note - birding related!

As some people may have realised one of my other hobbies is Patchworking and over the last couple of years I have been making a commission for a birding friend of two single bed quilts.  They're covered with birds - Robins, pardalotes, swans, pelicans, spinebills, etc.  These are on display at the Phillip Island Patchworkers annual display at Neewhaven over the 'Cup weekend' (Sat 1 -Tues 4th Nov)  If any birders are visiting Phillip island and want to check the quilts out the display is open 10 am to 4pm each day.

I reckon the quilts look good, but only a birder will recognise all the birds!

Elizabeth Shaw
Phillip Island
Vic.