birding-aus

bird poisonings

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: bird poisonings
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:18:30 +1000
g'day all,
Visitors to Mount Isa that I have shown around would have met my dog Blue.
I regret to advise that he passed away 1-1/2 weeks ago from a bait when we were Birdwatching in the Boulia area.
There were no signs on the property advising of baits .. but they were on adjacent properties.
At this stage I have to assume the bait was carried across by a bird such as a Crow.
Thus the subject "bird poisonings" can be interpreted two ways.

Regards
Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.
Boulia is 300km S of Mount Isa