birding-aus

Bird journals

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Bird journals
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:35:34 +1000
Dean Potelli wrote:

> Reading over many birding-aus postings and reading old articles in Emu and
> the Australian Bird Bander (Corella) from only a few decades ago it has
> become a concern for me that there doesn't seem to be much scope for people
> to publish observation-type articles on birds and their behaviour today,
> which are incredibly useful when studying a species

[snip]

> I am familiar with only the more readily available bird journals in
> Australia (i.e. Emu, Corella, Australian Birds) but would like information
> on additional journals that are willing to publish observation-type articles
> (for example I would like to write a short paper on an observation of
> conspecific kleptoparasitism in White-Bellied Sea-Eagles, but this style of
> paper would not be accepted by any of the aforementioned journals).

This sounds like a perfect candidate for the new journal "Australian Field Ornithology" - formerly known as "Australian Bird Watcher", and published by the Bird Observers Club of Australia.  See http://www.birdobservers.org.au/Aust%20Field%20Ornithology.htm

The lack that you lament was identified and targetted very deliberately by BOCa and the editors.

Cheers, Lawrie