birding-aus

Golden Headed Cisticola and Chats

To: "Tim Murphy" <>, "Peter Woodall" <>, <>
Subject: Golden Headed Cisticola and Chats
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:18:09 +0800
I seem to have caused some confusion with the quotation that "cisticolas are dangerous". He meant that they are very difficult to identify correctly.

As for the mouth colour of the Golden-headed - I am in Perth where they do not occur - could someone kindly look at the next singing one they see and tell us if the mouth is any particular color. The ones in Africa were pitch black (we seemed to get mainly Rattling) and it was easy to observe when one looked at it.

Best regards

Tim Murphy