birding-aus

pictures in birding-aus e-mails

To: michael hunter <>
Subject: pictures in birding-aus e-mails
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:50:13 +1000
Hi Michael,

Are you referring to WildBirdSingapore (the Yahoogroup)? Recently Yahoo changed their policy to viewing emails on the web and now it is only possible to receive images via email (I think this is correct but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) This situation is fine if you have Broadband internet access but can be very difficult receiving large files via a 'dial-up' modem account. Currently I receive image attachments for the ABID of around 1.5mb and these each can take 10-20 mins to download.

I'm not sure everyone on Birding-Aus would feel very happy receiving large attachments without being asked if they want them first.
Would be great to get the views of other subscribers though,

Tom Tarrant

michael hunter wrote:

Hullo Russell,
                I subscribe to the Singapore birding chatline, and they
have some magnificent bird photos included in their e-mails, not as
attachments. On investigating this phenomenon, it appears that the pics. are
cut and pasted into the e-mail, and apparantly pictures cannot transmit
viruses.

--
Tom & Marie Tarrant
Samsonvale, Queensland 4520