birding-aus

Red-browed Finch behaviour

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Red-browed Finch behaviour
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 03 12:19:01 +1000
Last week on two consecutive days a Red-browed Finch fluttered along in front
of us as we walked along the same stretch of our drive.  While it did not
pretend it had a broken wing I am sure that it was leading us away from point A
(no nest found though) to point B.  Is this behaviour common?

Did not see where it went on the first day but on the second day it disappeared
into/under the foliage of an agapanthus a metre off the road.

         Barry & Roberta McLean
         03 57981213
         0418 584433
         PO Box 66