birding-aus

Digiscoping info on my website

To: <>
Subject: Digiscoping info on my website
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:43:16 +1000
Hello all,
I've been working on some Digiscoping pages for my website but "due to
circumstances beyond my
control" (as they say), the project has been taking much longer than I had
planned.
However, some recent requests for information on Digiscoping have prompted me
to publish the
work so far instead of waiting until I have completed the whole project.
In fact, it could be some time before I do complete the whole project. You see,
I now have a new toy
to play with: a Canon EOS 300 D digital SLR camera. A real digital camera!! :-)
(That should get a response from Nikon owners and anyone who recently mortgaged
their house to
buy a digital SLR.)
At last it looks like I will be able to get those 'birds-in-flight' pictures I
have wanted for so
long.
More about that later but for now.............
To check out my web-pages on Digiscoping go to:
http://www.powerup.com.au/~inglisrc

On the "Entry Page" click on the Digiscoping link and work your way through the
various linked
pages.
Please note that, although I have tried hard to ensure all of the links work
correctly and that all
of the errors in the text have been corrected there still may be some problems.
Some of the topics
are not complete but I believe there is enough basic info there currently to
help anyone
contemplating getting involved with Digiscoping.
Due to various commitments I may not be able to respond to criticisms or
requests for extra info
immediately but I will endeavour to respond to reasonable correspondence as
quickly as possible.
Also note that my comments and notes on Digiscoping are based on my personal,
limited experiences
which may vary from the experiences of other people.
Please read the disclaimer on my website before contacting me about anything on
my website.

And, before you ask.........
If anyone wants to know what the Canon EOS 300 D is like, have a look at the
website
http://www.dpreview.com/ go to 'Forums' > Canon EOS 300 D.
I will report on my EOS 300 D soon but I can say that so far I am impressed.

Cheers
Bob Inglis
Woody Point
Queensland