birding-aus

Forsaythe Road trumps again!!! Atherton Tablelands

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Forsaythe Road trumps again!!! Atherton Tablelands
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:43:45 +1000
Greetings All,

Was out at Tinaroo today so drove back through Favier and Forsythe Roads to see if the Pratincoles were playing in the irrigation. No luck, not a one to be seen but a raptor took my attention. A Black Falcon sitting on the ground. Just happened to have the scope in the car so checked it out for a great look. The bird objected to my near intrusion and flew away 50 metres with their typical flight and glide. What a wonderful eye these birds have. I have had a tendency to ignore dark birds of prey on the ground as Black Kites or Brown Falcons but will now look more closely, sometimes.

Regards,
Alan