birding-aus

Recipes

To: belles <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Recipes
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
Psssst G'day Made Marian,

You can also add the uncooked white of a chicken bumnuts to "Thee Best Bird Seed" mixture and shape mould it IF NEEDED .... then shape this around a stick, cook on a very low oven heat for about 45 minutes then wedge the stick in a rehab aviary tree when it has cooled.

I'm NOT a fan of Penicum due to it's keepability capability.

John Crowing on.

Hey Hilary and Marian, why not name your swallows after famous airline stewardess's they eat on the wing too :^D>>>

belles <> wrote:

Hi

I thought I would send these recipes to the group, Weet Bix is not a very good thing to use with any birds, it is very sugary. You are best to use baby Farex (High Protein Cereal) which has protein and extra vitamins a much better thing for wildlife. Mealworms, crickets, etc., are also good to use and you can buy them from your local pet shops. Welcome Swallows can also have the below diet, but you must be very careful as they eat their food whilst in flight.

Marian ? Wildlife carer

                             Recipes

All Round Mix for Insectivores

Suitable for ALL Insectivores from Pardalites to Magpies

¼ cup apple, peeled & grated

¼ cup carrot, finely grated

½ cup prime lean minced meat

3 tablespoons egg and biscuit

2 tablespoons insectivore powder

dash each of calcium and multivitamins

Mix to smooth firm consistency. Add a little water if necessary. Press into ice cube trays and freeze. Defrost each cube as needed.

The Best Bird Seed

5 parts of Budgie mix

4 parts hulled oats (groats)

3 parts Penicum