birding-aus

Re: Endangered species

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: Endangered species
From: "belles" <>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:56:33 +1000
We have had land clearing down here on the NSW South Coast where there are Yellow Bellied Gliders and Powerful Owls also a threatened species. People who are buying small acreages are clearing the lot....I suppose they are worried about bush fires but where are all the wildlife going to go? They are running out of room, no hollows for Possums, Gliders and birds to nest knowhere for the Wallabies and Roos to go. Their food source is getting very scarce as well, what is happening to our wildlife we aren't going to have much around if we humans keep clearing everything.
I heard a Yellow Bellied Glider last night out on my property when one of the Brushtails and back baby came a little too close to it. I had a Yellow Bellied Glider in care last week, she had a torn membrane, leg wounds and the end of her tail was broken, but she should recover quite okay to be released back to where she came from. Her wounds are healing after long days of bathing her wounds and antibiotics, she is beautiful, she has gone to a larger cage and aviary before being released soon.

Marian
wildlife carer