birding-aus

Double-barred Finch in southern Vic !!!

To: <>
Subject: Double-barred Finch in southern Vic !!!
From: "Val Ford" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:28:31 +1000
A week after arriving home, after travelling 12,000 km through Central Australia, Western & Eastern Queensland and Western & Central NSW, a Double-barred Finch was discovered firmly attached to the front of the car radiator. It was in quite good shape and looked somewhat preserved.  And it was a trip tick.

For the entire time we were in the NT, south west Qld & north west NSW the only finches our group were seeing were Zebras.  They were everywhere and in large numbers.  Even  the Brown Goshawk, which we observed 'going for' zebras at Newhaven Reserve, NT, wasn't able to reduce the numbers.

Val Ford
Sorrento, Vic