birding-aus

A Sydney White-faced Heron

To: Robert McKenzie <>
Subject: A Sydney White-faced Heron
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:07:34 +1000
Hi Robert

Why not send them a letter.  My standard one goes - you can
try putting string around the pond via the top of stakes
about 40cm off the ground.

But Cathy and her kids could take pride in having helped a
wild creature - or two - and probably their babies.

Michael

Wildlife in the suburbs. "Wish it would go back where it
came from," says Cathy Kell, of Northbridge.  On Wednesday,
her children excitedly announced the presence of an
interesting bird in the backyard.  "It was a gorgeous
White-faced Heron, all long legs and long beak."  But it had
emptied the fishpond of all 87 goldfish Cathy had counted
last week when cleaning it.  "I'm amazed it could still
fly.  It was back today, but the pond was empty of fish."