birding-aus

Capertee Valley birding - 6th September 2003

Subject: Capertee Valley birding - 6th September 2003
From: Timothy Hyde <>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:14:33 -0700
It's always nice to meet fellow members of the Birding-Aus community
and was a pleasure to show Edwin Vella and  David Mitford around
our small patch of the valley on Saturday.

Further to his report, our excitement was the Little Eagle apparently
nesting again, which we confirmed the next day. It didn't nest last year,
or went somewhere else, but the year before had successfully raised a
fluffy white chick. We hope to keep an eye on progress over the weeks to come.

We found the group of Plum Heads again the next day which looked like a family
group with three young getting fed.  These birds seem to be more common
in the valley this year.

Lastly, just as the sun was setting on Sunday night a single Regent HE
appeared up at the house.
As always this poses more questions than answers. Is this just one of the same birds
who appear to be resident around here, and pops up from time to time,
or is it an advanced scout of the larger flock last seen closer to the coast??

Time will reveal more
but no doubt just more questions

Timothy Hyde