birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant Information

Subject: Western Treatment Plant Information
From: Harry Clarke <>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:49:10 +1000

I took some environmental economics students to visit the Western Treatment Plant today. The field trip had a part conservationist orientation and I assume there is some summary inventory of estimated numbers of various types of bird species at the plant (of mainly, waterbirds/waders). Obviously these numbers depend on time of year and will even vary quite a bit week-to-week. Does anyone have such estimates (or averages) for different times of year or know where they can be got?

I wasn’t after detailed information – I already have some partial information for some duck species (e.g. Blue-billed, Freckled duck).

Help appreciated, Many thanks.

Harry Clarke

.com