birding-aus

Red Kites

To: <>
Subject: Red Kites
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:05:08 +1000
I suspect that a cardboard box is as good a vessel as any for short-term
transportation, and certainly better than a cage - less chance of damaging
feathers etc, which is particularly important for raptors. Wildlife
rescuers routinely use cardboard boxes.

This doesn't explain the inconsistencies in the plot though. However, I was
just happy that the guy who was interested in the birds and cared about
their habitat was portrayed as the good guy. It also touched on the
economic value of twitchers and wildlife tourism. Excellent publicity for
birds and birdwatching.

Cheers

Carol