birding-aus

Shark Control Program in Queensland, ye 'aving a laugh aren't ye?

To: "'Simon Mustoe'" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Shark Control Program in Queensland, ye 'aving a laugh aren't ye?
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:43:11 +1000
Gidday all,
                as I understand from the Sydney perspective, where we have shark meshing off some of the popular swimming beaches there is little or no scientific back-up for this activity. Its all politics. Can you imaging what would happen to the person, politician or bureaucrat who decided to stop 'shark control measures' when a fatality happens? Something would hit the fan big time. Sure there is by-catch of whales, dolphins, harmless shark species etc, but to some this is acceptable.

Cheers
Graham Turner