birding-aus

Trip report for Cape York

Subject: Trip report for Cape York
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:52:03 +1000
I have finally got my act together and written up a report on my trip to Cape York from Sydney via western Queensland and the Gulf. My original intention was to send it to Birding-Aus as I did with my WA trip, but it is too large. 416 species were recorded in 5 weeks, with some of the highlights being:

Flock Bronzewing at Bedourie
Grey, Kalkadoon and Carpentarian Grasswrens
A number of mangrove species including Greatr-billed Heron and White-breasted Whistler at Karumba
Grass Owl at Nifold Plain and at Iron Range
Red Goshawk near Musgrave
The usual species for Iron Range (though no Red-bellied Pitta this time)
Fluking the Isabelline Wheatear at Mt. Molloy
Blue-faced arrot-finch at Birthday Creek Falls, Paluma
Zitting Cisticola and Reeve near Giru

If anyone would like a copy of the report (about 300KB) give me a yell and I will forward it on.
Cheers,
Peter