birding-aus

Escapee vs Wild bird

Subject: Escapee vs Wild bird
From: "jade welch" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:55:04 +1000

Edwin,

Well put. One of the most beautiful and most memorable moments i ever had was when the sun was going down (a pink and red sky overhead) and my family and i were out the front playing cricket when suddenly i looked across to see a beautiful escapee Lutino mutation Indian Ringneck. Boy did that blow my mind. Sadly its fate is almost certainly sealed. With reguard to the Pale-headed Rosella being a possible escapee or a wild bird? Well on two occasions i have seen two seperate pairs of Eastern x Pale-headed Rosellas in my area. I live in Suburbia though so it may be there are just not enough of each species so the rosellas are pairing with each other even though they are not of the same species.

Yours Sincerely
Mr Jade Welch
Gold Coast,
Queensland

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups - great for sharing photos and documents. Sign up now Birding-Aus is on the Web at www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line) to