birding-aus

Lost e-mails

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Lost e-mails
From: Sean Dooley <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:44:33 +1000
I am finding it hard to believe that it was this time last year that I hit the road big time on my "Big Twitch" quest on what was to be virtually be a twice around Australia trip, ending in Byron Bay on New Year's Eve. After almost six months of continuous travel and birding I then had to race back home to Melbourne to start a new job- had to try and start paying off my twitching debts somehow.

And now the first half of this year has flown past, my year list stands at a comparatively paltry 220 (this time last year 464 with Northern Australia still to go) and I still haven't got around to replying to everyone who helped with advice or messages of goodwill. One reason for this is that back in February I somehow managed to delete all my e-mail correspondence of the previous year.

So if anyone has a record of any correspondence with me over the last year or so, I would be eternally grateful if you could forward it on to me. I am trying to keep a proper record of my big year for future use, so any correspondence no matter small or trivial would be most appreciated.

Thanks once again,

Dools

If I don't manage to get back everyone, I would like to publicly thank the enormous number of people on this list who over the year offered all sorts of invaluable support, practical and sometimes impractical advice. I was often too busy too respond at the time, but believe me, it was all very much appreciated.