birding-aus

One wonders Miss Judith Lukin-Amundsen

To: Judith Lukin-Amundsen <>,
Subject: One wonders Miss Judith Lukin-Amundsen
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Judith,

Just an ask but why do you feel compelled to drive at the maximin speed limit? you can drive slower, more speed more chance of less braking distance or swerving to avoid accidents ahead? flashy fast shiney car aerials attract wild birds.

No wonder my taxes are so high from cleaning bodies off the road no doubt?

Kind regards, from a slowing down, JAG de Whag, friend of any caring thoughtful motorist.

Judith Lukin-Amundsen <> wrote:

Mid-afternoon on a locally cool, overcast 30 June, driving 110k/h inbound on the Gateway, approaching the Bicentennial exit (a k or two to go, & heavy traffic both sides), I saw, perched 30-or-so feet above on a lamppost, the following bird:
- raptor
- front view from below, brief and rapidly magnifying
- medium to large
- classic 'guide book' posture/position
- largely slate-grey
- long tail, ventrally barred
- chestnut breast/belly
- belly barred--

And then it was gone!
WHAT could have sat just so in this place?