birding-aus

Regent Honeyeater sightings and an opportunity to learn more

Subject: Regent Honeyeater sightings and an opportunity to learn more
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:59:45 +1000

Folks

A quick reminder.  Could people seeing Regent Honeyeaters please also report the sighting directly to me.  It is important that we document these records as thoroughly as possible, particularly in Victoria where the number of reported sightings seem to suggest that the population is still in serious decline.

We not only want information about the Regent Honeyeater itself but, ideally, information about other birds utilising the site, the trees present on site, flowering etc.  I can send anyone seeing Regent Honeyeater a reporting form via e-mail.

Incidentally, the Regent Honeyeater and Swift Parrot Recovery Teams are continuing their very successful series of Regent Honeyeater/Swift Parrot volunteer workshops.  The first of the 2003 workshops will be at the Maryborough Field Naturalists Club and Maryborough Rifle Club rooms, Dundas Road, Maryborough this Sunday 29 June followed by one at the Senior Citizens Hall, Conneff Street, Chiltern on Sunday 6 July.  Workshops commence at 10.00AM.  Topics covered during the day include an introduction to the ecology of these two endangered species along with how to identify the birds and their habitat and results of past Regent Honeyeater/Swift Parrot National Search Days.  These workshops are great value, lots of fascinating information presented by David Geering (national Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator), Debbie Saunders (Swi ft Parrot Project Officer), Chris Tzaros (Threatened Bird Network, Birds Australia) and Julie Kirkwood (Threatened Species Network, WWF).  There is no cost for attending the workshops.

To register your attendance at either of these workshops please contact Chris Tzaros

Cheers

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator
NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
P.O. Box 2111
Dubbo  NSW  2830
Ph: 02 6883 5335 or Freecall 1800 621 056
Fax: 02 6884 9382

confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message may be those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.