birding-aus

Teddington Reservoir, Kara Kara State Park, Vic

To: <>
Subject: Teddington Reservoir, Kara Kara State Park, Vic
From: "Val Ford" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:34:11 +1000
Over the 6 - 9th June  we camped at Teddington Reservoir, Kara Kara State Park [now part of St Arnaud Ranges National Park] with our bushwalking group and spent Saturday & Sunday thoroughly traversing the area.

Having stayed there on other occasions, and enjoyed the water birds,  we were dismayed to find that the reservoir was completely dry and we were able to walk across it.  We were told by the ranger that the reservoir at the camping area had been drained into the lower reservoir some time ago to make more water available for Stuart Mill township.  [The lower reservoir is now very low and Stuart Mill is having to  rely on a bore for it's water].

As this was not a birding trip I had to be content with Brown Treecreepers and a Grey Shrike-thrush 'working' the camping and picnic areas and  Scarlet Robins whilst lunching in the bush.

Val Ford
Sorrento, Vic