birding-aus

9 Month old Sighting

Subject: 9 Month old Sighting
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:09:42 +1000

Hi All,

I have been an active birdwatcher/photographer for about 10 months now, and last night i decided to  go through my early digital photograpy to see if i had missed any descent photos.  I came across a photo dated the 25th of October 2002, that i had plain and simply labelled  "Honeyeater." (God knows why!)

With a more experienced eye now, i instantly identified it as not a variety of Honeyeater, but a Bush Stone Curlew!!! (please withhold laughter) ;)

The  photo was taken on Lake Rd in Connewarre near Geelong. I consider this one of my best sightings to date, and it was one of my first ever birds! (apart from the common species).

Anyway, thought this may have been of interest to a few and to the record books. I'll have to keep an eye out  next october!

cheers,

Peter