birding-aus

Fun raisin

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Fun raisin
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:11:45 -0700 (PDT)
G'day to all,

This morning I was part of a wild bird talk on local (Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia) wild birds and their needs, the talk was to a small group. When a wheelie wheelie :^D>>> fine fellow at the meeting popped up and asked about raising funds to help with bird and birding projects.

I asked what did he have in mind" he replied saying he knows of a gent that makes furniture and toys etc and then sells them to raise Oz~dollars for local enviro groups. I immediately thought of lifting and moving heavy furniture around the place and wondered how he did it?

WRONG John you silly pome gait fool, I later muttered to myself.

He informed all at the meeting, then later showed us all, what he makes and how he makes them, they are in fact superb mini furniture items made from clothes pegs. Along with the furniture he also makes aircraft, cars, ships, etc etc etc .... he then pulled out what was an unmistakable famous "Australian Sulphur Crested Cockatoo" recently made by him from white and yellow plastic clothes pegs and an empty metal clothes hanger shaped to create the frame of the bird. It can be used to store clothes pegs on when they are not is use. The frame is thee governing factor. Different colored clothes pegs could easily make an Eastern Rosella, Rainbow Lorikeet or whatever. It does look very good. I'd like to have a go myself at doing the same thing using nothing more then a metal clothes hanger and some plastic pegs.

I thought I would ask all you beaut people do you know of any books on this subject? is there such a book? I just wanted to do one myself and therefore stop him gloating about how brilliant he is :^D>>> I then thought could WE make some up and send them to someone to be used for raising funds for wild bird projects? enviromental programs? whatever.

Now I think, we have lots and lots of good people on Birding_Aus to come up with punch lines for these clever laundry helpers. So I ask you all to send any witties, funnies or ideas you might have about giving them a name? or helping the sales? or some advertising throw away lines?

I Might take some pictures for the internet of the birds.

John, near weeping at thee indoor FA Cup Final result ....
"Nasty Gunners" and those words from an ex Royal Artillery waller.

Do you Yahoo!?