birding-aus

Seasonal Abundance

Subject: Seasonal Abundance
From: "Joseph J. Halpin" <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:18:08 -0400
We are travelling to Australia in June; our itinerary takes us to
Melbourne, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Cairns/Palm Cove and Sydney.  I
just received my copy of Prizzey's book and was suprised to see that
seasonal information is generally not included and what there is, you
have to draw from the text.  Given that there are almost 800 species, is
there some way to get a handle on those species that are more likely to
be found in these locations at this time of year?

Please respond to my email address.

Any help is appreciated,
Joe Halpin
Silver Spring, MD USA