birding-aus

Whitsunday RFI

To: "Dicksons" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Whitsunday RFI
From: "Jon Wren" <>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:14:59 +1000
Gooday all,
I just recently had a trip with Ocean Rafting which is a great day out but not a great deal of time for birding.
I did observe a pair of Beach Stone Curlew at Whitehaven Beach. Reported sighting to Qld Parks and Wildlife Service.
As for the walking tracks there are more people on them than a busy Saturday morning in the main street at Bowen.
Mangrove Golden Whistler has been reported from the Whitsundays historically but I have never come across them. A recent sighting at Mount Gordon rest area is claimed by a TownBOCA member earlier this month.
I couldn't suggest any island in particular there are just that many people floating around in various size watercraft and visiting many so called secluded spots.
If you like you can check out the birds of Bowen Shire and various walks around Bowen at http://www.bowen.qld.gov.au/webs/birds.htm

Jon Wren
Bowen
Top of the Whitsundays