birding-aus

13 Duck day!!

Subject: 13 Duck day!!
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 14:42:54 +1000
Dear All

Recently while reading tales from Werribee, one contributormentioned their "13 Duck Day", which made me recount how many Greg, Tim and myself had seen at Werribee last Saturday (3/5) and came up with 12: - Grey and Chestnut Teal, Black, Pink-eared, Mountain, Australian and Northern Shoveler, Musk, Blue-billed, Hardhead, Freckled and Black Swan.  Which I thought was pretty good for a days outing.  It was at this point that I stopped and thought what did we miss??  Wood Duck of course.  I then scanned my records of Ruffey lake, from later that afternoon, and added Wood and Domestic to my list for the day, making it a 14 Duck day.  See my reasons for adding Domestic/Mallard to the list in my most recent "Lake Twitch" report 11/5.

Question to all, how many others have had a 10+ Duck day and can anyone match 14??

Interested to hear from anyone.

Regards

John Harris
Doncaster East.