birding-aus

Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] a (longish) note on twitching and twitchers

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] a (longish) note on twitching and twitchers
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:01:42 +0930
Carol's note reminded me of an English " Frantic Ticker Twitcher" I had the
dubious pleasure of guiding a couple of years ago. He was definitely up the
extreme end of the twitch mania continuum.
Having been here before, he  arrived with a short list of quite difficult
birds, some of which I undertook to try to find for him. So off we went into
the South Oz mallee to find his requirements and in doing so we also found a
lot of not rare, but somewhat uncommon species, you know , some that are
always nice to see anyway.  These I dutifully pointed out to him only to be
rebuffed with comments like " No, I don't want to see that", and "Not
interested !"       A disappointing attitude I thought, but what the heck,
it was his money.

Tony.

ps: How's that Trevor ?