birding-aus

Red-vented Bulbuls in Victoria (Aust.)

Subject: Red-vented Bulbuls in Victoria (Aust.)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:05:18 +1000
Further to Chris Lester's comments about Red-vented Bulbuls in Australia.

I have just interrogated the Atlas of Victorian data and it shows 5 records
for the species, all immediately east of Melbourne central business
district.

Most of the records appear to be quite old (pre-1950?) and I'm not aware of
any recent records for the species anywhere in Victoria.

cheers, Martin

Martin O'Brien
Department of Sustainability and Environment
4/250 Victoria Pde., East Melbourne  3002