birding-aus

birds on the move

To: <>
Subject: birds on the move
From: "simon starr" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:08:28 +1000
Hi all,
After a long hot dusty summer with few birds coming and going the autumn cool has livened things up here on the northern plains of Victoria.Grey Fantails are moving thru since late March as per.
A female Pied Honeyeater graced my garden for a day and equally surprising  a male Scarlet Robin (so far from the bush!) Still waiting for the usual Flame Robins(only one brown bird so far).Would be interested to hear if people find them scarcer than usual this year.I"ve no idea where the birds I see come from but you would expect reduced numbers somewhere this year after the fires.