birding-aus

Possible Spotless Crake at Audley

To: <>
Subject: Possible Spotless Crake at Audley
From: "Dana" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:47:04 +1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
Dear Birding Aus,

I was at Currawong  Flat, Audley in Royal National Park on Sunday February  16th in the early evening at about 6:15 pm, walking the margin of the Hacking River. It was very quiet, no one else in the area, and among the barely immersed reeds, I saw what I  think was a Spotless Crake.

It size, color, and behavior, all seemed  consistent with this bird,  my only reservation is that the definitive under tail  markings were not observed, and I did not find this bird on the list for the Royal.

I 'lm hoping for a second look.

good birding,
Dana Gottlieb