birding-aus

Re: Bird drownings

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Re: Bird drownings
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:11:50 -0800 (PST)

Nearly all my working life here in Oz I worked in the field of anti water pollution. I'm thinking about any contamination from eventual rusting metal or algae growth on and from the plastic? surely it's better to stop the fault rather fixing a cure?

Why not change the surface area where they CAN'T grip? to an area where they can grip? adding floating wood, metal or plastic can cause water pollution problems?

JAG without secretary bird.