birding-aus

Wedge Tailed Eagle at Appletree Bay

To: <>
Subject: Wedge Tailed Eagle at Appletree Bay
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:33:59 +1100
Further to the message below, I have seen the Wedge Tailed Eagle at Apple Tree Bay on the following days:

13 November 02
27 December 02

I am a reasonably regular visitor there as it's just down the road from home and it's less noisy and busy than Bobbin Head, so better for teaching my daughter to ride her bike, picnics etc.  I have checked back in my lists and not seen WT eagles there before November, so I wonder if rather than a wandering escapee, it had been displaced by the fires that occurred further north in the park (ie nearer the Hawkesbury) in the spring?
Cheers
Tom Wilson