birding-aus

Werribee BOP query.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Werribee BOP query.
From: "lyell" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:32:28 +1100
Hi All,
     Driving down towards the hide at Werribee today I was surprised to see a juvenile Swamp Harrier sitting next to a moulting White-bellied Sea-Eagle.  All the field guides say the Sea-Eagle is larger than the Harrier, but this eagle looked smaller.  But it had a white head and body with darker wings. Is this unusual behaviour to have different species so close?.  When I pulled up, the Harrier appeared to be feeding the Sea-Eagle!.
     I have video footage of the birds sitting together although not the Harrier possibly feeding the Eagle.  I found it quite fascinating.  A digital video would've been handy.
     Saw all the other species mentioned on b-a over the last few weeks.
     Happy birding
     Marlene