birding-aus

Re: Raining Needletails

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Re: Raining Needletails
From: "Carl Corden" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:39:33 +1100
Yesterday we saw large numbers of needletails all along the Pacific Highway between Hat Head National Park and Coffs Harbour.  The birds were flying quite low, giving me the best views I have ever had of this species.

We also spotted a flock of needletails above the northern section of Running Creek Road, south of Beaudesert.

Despite my best efforts, I was unable to identify any other species of swifts among any of the needletails.

Carl Corden
Brisbane, Qld.