birding-aus

RE: Canberra fires & needletails

To: "'Philip A. Veerman'" <>
Subject: RE: Canberra fires & needletails
From: "Lawrie Conole" <>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:06:22 +1100
Maybe it was stock footage then!  ... but it was apparently taken yesterday (not the weekend), and Steve Clark tells me he saw them too.  According to the TV newsreader!! ... the sky cleared late yesterday with the easterly wind.  I definitely saw an upturned anvil shaped thunderhead and about half a dozen swifts - definitely not sticks or leaves - the camera close up was slightly fuzzy but reasonably good for an ID.

=================================
Lawrie Conole
Senior Ecologist

Ecology Australia Pty. Ltd.