birding-aus

Penrhyn Estuary - Botany Bay

To: <>, <>
Subject: Penrhyn Estuary - Botany Bay
From: "Greg Killeen" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:33:52 +1100
Hello,

As you would be aware of the proposed Port Botany expansion that will =
have a devastating effect on Botany Bay and the surrounding areas =
including the Penrhyn Estuary, I am writing to seek your support to =
lobby the NSW Government to stop the proposal.  I have got your contact =
details from the Internet and have also contacted Dion Hobcroft who has =
been reporting to you about the bird numbers at Penrhyn Estuary.

I am involved with a group called Save Botany Beach who have been busy =
over the last eight months making the public aware of the issues, and =
the politicians aware that the community does not want the proposed port =
expansion.

If you have anything to offer in relation to contacts, knowledge and =
information concerning the policies and procedures that could be =
implemented to prevent the Penrhyn Estuary from the being destroyed we =
would be very grateful.  Our website is www.savebotanybeach.com that =
gives our background and contact details.

I also have attached a letter
[NOTE: Attachment deleted by list manager]
that I sent to the National Parks and =
Wildlife Service to ask for the Penrhyn Estuary be classified as a =
Nature Reserve.  As I had not had a response to my letter as of today, I =
rang them today and expect some response soon.

Again, I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Greg Killeen
t: 02 9316 5686