birding-aus

Bicentenial Park,Homebush

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Bicentenial Park,Homebush
From: "K,K&E Lindsay" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:56:06 +1100
Goodevening fellow Birders,
Today at 7:30am, We drove to  Bicentennial park, we parked at the mouth of the Mangrove Boardwalk where we saw a juvinille Fan Tailed cuckoo,which was attracted by a sound I had made withe a drink bottle.

Walked up to Waterbird Refuge and saw with my Gerber Montana spotting scope(christmas present),around
20 Red Necked Avocets that where feeding with some gulls etc.
From the hide, saw 3 big flocks of Sharp-Tailed Sandpipers,a flock of Curlew spp,3 Red Kneed Dotterals and  breeding pair of Red Capped Dotterals.

A couple more on my life list = Extra tops day of birding!

Kurtis