birding-aus

Congratulations to Sean Dooley

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Congratulations to Sean Dooley
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:42:59 +1000
Sean Dooley's reports are the one thing that has kept me checking the
archives of Birding-aus.  His determination to achieve his goals and the
trials and tribulations he went through have been praised by many on this
list already.  His informative and entertaining reports were brilliant.

I have been accused by people such as Andrew Stafford of  "... you have come
to dislike Birding-Aus and many of the people who subscribe to it. We know
because you can't stop yourself from telling us at every opportunity."
This, even if it was true, does certainly not apply to Dools.  I have also
been accused of "hating tickers" and yet Dools stories of his "ticking" have
kept me enthralled all year.

I have only two complaints:

What am I going to do without his reports?

and secondly

Dools referred to a site at Hope Island as an "overgrown drain" or some
such.  He should have called me and we could have found his Little Bittern
for him in the "drain".

Well done Sean!!

Cheers

Terry Pacey