birding-aus

Freckled Ducks, Herdsman Lake Perth

Subject: Freckled Ducks, Herdsman Lake Perth
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:44:04 +0800

I just received a report from Easy Patterson.  He visited Herdsman Lake today.

The Freckled Ducks have now increased to 127 at Maurice Hamer Park. At Floreat Waters he saw Buff-banded Rail (2), Australian Spotted Crake (1), Spotless Crake (1), Black-eared Cuckoo (1 - rare in Perth) and White-winged Trillers (8).

There have been very few sightings of crakes in Perth so far this summer, so maybe this will be the start ...

PS : There will be quite a few people going to Lake McLarty tomorrow (Sunday). John Darnell will be there about 6am, but I expect that it will be 8:30am before I and three others will be there. Every welcome, so if you want to see 30,000+ birds and a wonderful variety of waders, be there ...