birding-aus

Viewing birds from a bird hide .....

Subject: Viewing birds from a bird hide .....
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:00:03 -0800 (PST)

G'day Gang,

Close to where I live, I have "Coolart House" and grounds, a very beautiful place, it has a very good series of bird hides including one with one way glass. Fairy wrens come up and gently tap on the glass. The angle of the glass makes it hard for birds to get a reflection if one is afforded using this type of glass but the angle also helps with cleaning, when we do get some rain? if not then it's no sweat to get some vinegar and brown paper and make a perfectly clean area, if that is what is required?

BUT normally they are immaculate and ready for a Sargent Major's or Mother-in-law's inspection.

Must be those theiving pomes that have knicked all our Ozzie rain eh? :^D>>>

Coolart also has a brilliant jazz festival which raises monies not only for the olde olde house but the wild birds that adorn this little piece of bird heaven.

Happy New Year All ..... John and indoor birds on my shoulder watching the Sydney test.

Try www.google.com and search for "Coolart" or "Coolart Jazz" many beaut jazz muso's from all ove rthe world give their free time to help out and raise funds. Ever seen a Pelican dance to Acker Bilk songs? I have ......

Andy Mabbett <> wrote:

In message <>, Sarah & Martin Brown < writes:

Sadly this was the first main venue we have been too where there were problems with the hides. The low seats meant he could not see out of the hide windows. Some had wheel chair access so lower widows helped but they were filthy dirty and blocked shut so he couldn't see much.

Did you tell them, either during your visit, or subsequently, by e-mail?
--
Andy Mabbett
"Most big corporate websites are still so arrogant that they refuse to communicate to customers and answer their questions in plain language."

Jakob Nielsen

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Do you Yahoo!?