birding-aus

Powerful Owls - Epping?

To: <>
Subject: Powerful Owls - Epping?
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:16:08 +1100
Hello
Went to Devlins Creek in Epping this morning to look for Powerful Owls with
my brother (who has missed them there at least twice before).  There was no
sign of recent habitation (ie no owls, no whitewash, no corpses).  We tried
the "normal" site as per Thomas & Thomas and scouted most of the dense trees
up and downstream from that site as well.
Do any Sydney birders know where they are?  If not, any other easily
accessible ones elsewhere?
We have a couple of days before he goes off to SA and we're trying not to do
too much birding (as if there is such a thing!) whilst spending time with
family.
Thanks and best wishes to all for 2003!
Tom Wilson