birding-aus

Nesting Willie Wagtails

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Nesting Willie Wagtails
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:34:09 +1030
Our resident Willie Wagtails usually nest in August - Sept here in Murray
Bridge South Aust. Sometimes they nest twice before the end of October. This
year they did not nest until very late November just about the time we had
31mm of rain (Nov 25th). The young left the nest about 10 days ago.

Spring was extremely dry and quite warm here. Perhaps this is the reason and
they responded to the good rain.

Season's greetings and happy birding.

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge SA